Making the Academic Practical
BSEA workshops are taught by highly-experienced consultants, are short on dry lecture & academic theory and long on hands-on team exercises and interactive discussion for maximum adult learning, engagement, retention and fun. Rather than reviewing frustrating case studies that don't explain how an organization accomplished their results, participants walk through a simple methodology and master the practical steps in applying strategic planning and balanced scorecard concepts to meet the challenges facing a real-world organization. In short, BSEA instructors work to ensure that students can build a strategic performance management system themselves!
Differentiators between BSEA and other training providers include:
- Participants learn a simple, "do-it-yourself" methodology that can be applied in any organization - large or small, and in any business, government, or nonprofit organization
- Participants learn a wholly integrated balanced scorecard-based strategic planning and management framework, the Nine Steps to Success™, first developed in 1997 by BSI and continually refined in practical application at hundreds of organizations worldwide
- BSEA uses separate frameworks, exercises and examples for business, government and non-profit sectors to address unique needs of different organizations
- Balanced Scorecard and PuMP® certifications are issued jointly by The George Washington University College of Professional Studies and BSI and also include CEU credit
- Participants learn advanced techniques in performance measurement development and initiative prioritization
- BSEA does not offer "quick and easy" certification online; brief self-study certifications will not prepare participants for the rigors of strategic thinking and analysis required to build a world-class management system. The value from certification comes from learning a thoughtful, deliberate strategic thinking process and from learning from expert instructors and other practitioners from across the globe.
- BSEA offers a full range of training, facilitation, software and consulting services in Kenya and throught Africa, and is the only organization that trains and certifies in both the institutes Nine Steps to Success™ scorecard framework and Stacey Barr's PuMP® performance measure methodology.
- BSEA alumni from organizations across the region share their experiences with each other in class and then continue learning through a free community of practice on LinkedIn